Topline, top quality instrument used for measuring static and falling head levels in wells and boreholes.
The Heron dipper-T is renowned for its premium, polyethylene coated yellow steel tape accuracy in measuring depth to water. Available in your choice of either metric or engineering scale.
The dipper-T water level meter can be conveniently converted to a multi-functional instrument, not only able to measure static and fallinghead levels, but also to determine the length of casing and well depth. The water level sensing probe can be easily removed at the link connection and substituted with either the Well Casing Indicator Probe or Well Depth Indicator Probe. The FOUR FUNCTION capability of the dipper-Twater level meter makes this unit an asset to groundwater professionals and rural property owners during the construction of new wells, maintaining wells or decommissioning abandoned wells.
Static mode is used for measuring the depth of water in wells, boreholes and standpipes. DrawDown mode is used for measuring falling water levels during purging, well development and for low flow sampling.
The Well Casing Indicator Probe is used to measure the depth of metal casing in wells and boreholes from two inches in diameter and upward. The Well Casing Indicator Probe works using magnetism. While the probe sits within the magnetic field of the steel casing, an auditory and visual signal is active. When the probe leaves the magnetic field the signal stops. Note the condition of the well for accurate readings.
The Well Depth Indicator Probe (or bottom detector) is used to measure the full depth in wells and boreholes. The Well Depth Indicator Probe uses a pressure sensitive plunger to measure the distance to the bottom of the well. When the Well Depth Indicator Probe reaches the bottom of the well, the plunger enters the probe body closing a switch, initiating an audible and visual signal at the top of the well.
|Depth||241mm ( 9.5”)|
|Depth Rating||Full Length of Tape|
|Wetted Materials||Stainless Steel, Viton, Delrin and Teflon|
|Power Source||9 Volt Alkaline|
|Sensitivity Control||Stainless Steel and Aluminum Construction|
|Audio/Visual Indication||Ultra Bright Red LED and 80dbi Buzzer|
|Tape Conductors||7 strand (4 Stainless Steel and 3 Copper)|
|Tape Markings||Engineering Scale or Metric - Under Jacketing|
|Limited Warranty||5 Years (Probe 1 Year)|
- Electronic Module (IP65) – mode selectable for static and drawDown levels, removable for easy cleaning and servicing
- Probe (IP68) – fully pressure/depth rated, 5/8” field replaceable for optional casing or bottom detector probes
- Steel Tape – high tensile steel, jacketed with polyethylene, high break strength, stretch resistant and lifelong legibility – markings in engineering scale (1/100’) or metric (mm)
- Padded Carry Case – to protect your precision water level meter from the elements
- Tape Guide and Hanger – to support the meter at the well head and to protect the tape from sharp edges on the well casing
- Vinyl Holding Grip – molded to the frame, ergonomic easy grip
- Winding Handle – custom made for easy rewinding with gloved hands