Oil/Water interface meter that measures the difference between two liquids in the same area.
The Sm.OIL oil/water interface meter has the same functionality of our H.OIL oil/water interface meter. This compact unit only comes in one tape length (20m or 60’) on a small hand held frame designed for easy portability. The premium padded carry case comes included to protect your precision instrument from the elements.
The Sm.OIL is used to measure the interface level between two liquids in the same tank, vessel, well or aquifer. The dissimilar density of two liquids means the lower density, non-conductive product (LNAPL) will float on top of the higher density, conductive liquid (water). Denser products will tend to sink (DNAPL), creating a layer under the water.
- Certified – Intrinsically safe to CSA and ANSI/UL standards, class 9098-1 or 9098-81 (USA) for hazardous locations and Class I groups A,B,C and D
- Detects LNAPL and DNAPL
- Ability to measure product layer as thin as 1mm (1/200ft)
- Ground Lead
- Electronic Module (IP65) – Automatic shut off after 10 minutes, removable for easy cleaning and servicing
- Probe (IP68) – fully pressure/depth rated, 19mm (3/4”) field replaceable
- Steel Tape – high tensile steel, jacketed with Kynar, high break strength, stretch resistant and lifelong legibility – markings in metric (mm) or engineering scale (1/100’)
- Padded Carry Case – to protect your precision oil water interface meter from the elements
- Tape Guide and Hanger – to support the meter at the well head and to protect the tape from sharp edges on the well casing
- Vinyl Holding Grip – molded to the frame, ergonomic easy grip
- Winding Handle – custom made for easy rewinding with gloved hands
|Probe Weight||158g (.35lbs)|
|Diameter (with shroud)||19mm (3/4”)|
|Depth Rating||Full Length of Tape|
|Wetted Materials||Stainless Steel, Delrin and Grilamid|
|Power Source||9 Volt Alkaline|
|Operating Mode||Static and Product Interface|
|Audio/Visual Indication||Ultra Bright Red LED and 80dbi Buzzer|
|Tape Conductors||7 strand(4 Stainless Steel and 3 Copper)|
|Tape Markings||Engineering Scale or Metric – Under Jacketing|
|Limited Warranty||3 Years (Probe 1 Year)|