Kappler Zytron 500 Vapor Total Encapsulating Suits
Tough, built for mobility, and based on patented technology that created the first material to survive eight full hours against the ASTM F1001 Test Battery with no breakthrough.
Zytron 500 is top of the class – and the classic responder choice for hazmat and other demanding situations.
It's tough, built for mobility, and based on patented technology that created the first material to survive eight full hours against the ASTM F1001 Test Battery with no breakthrough.
With that kind of Kappler heritage built into the fabric, it's no wonder that responders around the world trust Z500 garments for ultra-demanding Level A and Level B applications. Available in coveralls and a range of total encapsulating suits.
Zytron 500 Style Details
- Greater than 8-hour holdout against hundreds of chemicals, with proven holdout against Chemical Warfare Agents (CWA).
- NFPA 1994 Class 2 - 2012 Edition style available.
- Available in a wide variety of total encapsulating suits and coverall styles.
- Available in hi-viz orange and charcoal gray.
- New patent-pending AntiFog Expanded-View Visor System (view side-by-side comparison photos below).
- Applications: hazmat response, chemical handling, Refueling operations, Petro-chemical refinery operations, hazardous material clean-up and remediation, CWA incineration / remediation / disposal
|STM F1001 Chemical Test Battery*|
|n - Hexane||>480|
|1,3 Butadiene Gas||>480|
|Ethylene Oxide Gas||>480|
|Hydrogen Chloride Gas||>480|
|Methyl Chloride Gas||>480|
|Chemical Warfare Agent Data**|
|Bis (2-chloroethyl) sulfide (Mustard:HD)||>480||4.0 ug/cm2|
|Isopropyl methylfluorophosphonate (Sarin:GB)||>480||1.25 ug/cm2|
|Chlorovinyl arsinedichloride (Lewisite:L)||>480||4.0 ug/cm2|
|O-ethyl S-(2-diisopropylaminoethyl) methylphosphonothiolate (Nerve:VX)||>480||1.25 ug/cm2|
|Typical Physical Properties|
|Grab Tensile Strength MD* ASTM D751(lbs/N)||120 / 534|
|Grab Tensile Strength CD* ASTM D751(lbs/N)||121 / 538|
|Tear Resistance Trapezoid MD*(lbs/N) method details below**||35 / 156|
|Tear Resistance Trapezoid CD*(lbs/N) method details below**||37 / 168|
|Ball Burst ASTM D3787 (lbs/N)||128 / 569|
|Flammability Resistance ASTM F1358||N/A|
|*MD - Machine Direction, CD - Cross Direction
**ASTM D1117 (Zytron 100, 200) ASTM D5587 (Zytron 300, 400, 500) ASTM D571 (Frontline 300, 500)