The RadSeeker is a handheld, portable, rugged and highly accurate radioisotope detector and identifier. The RadSeeker was specifically designed to meet the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission requirements for a next-generation system capable of detecting and identifying nuclear threat materials. The RadSeeker offers superior identification capabilities that are based on Symetrica’s Discovery Technology™. This technology couples advanced spectrum processing and identification algorithms with a choice of highly sensitive 1.5 x 1.5in Lanthanum Bromide (LaBr3) or 2 x 2in Sodium Iodide (NaI) detectors resulting in superior accuracy which is unique and exclusive to Smiths Detection. This sophisticated detector system is capable of resolving complex masking scenarios and exceeds all ANSI N42.34 (2006) requirements for the identification of bare, shielded and multiple isotopes. The RadSeeker is easy to use while supplying the operator with quick, simple, specific information for threat assessment. Applications include Customs inspection, border protection, emergency response, and radiological facilities/personnel monitoring.
- Advanced spectrum processing and identification algorithms for superior identification accuracy
- Continuous automatic stabilization, no field calibration required
- Fully ruggedized to survive 3ft drop, extreme operating temperatures and water spray
- Designed to meet/exceed all ANSI N42.34 (2006) requirements
- Gamma only configuration also available