For detecting trace amounts of explosives, chemical warfare agents, and toxic industrial chemicals or narcotics.
The SABRE 5000 is the smallest, lightest tri-mode handheld system available for detecting trace amounts of explosives, chemical warfare agents, toxic industrial chemicals or narcotics. With its ability to detect a wide range of threats, it is a cost effective instrument for security professionals and military agencies that require portability and flexibility to perform their duties. Using Smiths Detection’s proven Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) technology the SABRE 5000 is programmed to detect and identify over 40 threat substances in approximately 20 seconds. Threats such as common peroxide-based, volatile and unstable chemicals often used to construct Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), and ammonium nitrate commonly used in home-made explosives. Additional features include automatic self-calibration with no calibration consumables or related procedures required to save time and money, onboard diagnostics for simple troubleshooting assistance, a truncated alarm feature for faster clear down, and an onboard library that is user-expandable to program new substances as new threats emerge. With a start time of 15 minutes and weighing approximately 7lbs. (including the four hour battery), the SABRE 5000 is a small, powerful ally in the war on terror and drug trafficking.
- Smallest, lightest tri-mode (Explosives, Narcotics, CWA/TICs) detector available
- Optimized detection of peroxides (used in home-made explosive devices and Improvised Explosives Devices) in vapor mode
- Continuous automatic vapor sampling in both positive and negative modes for CWA/TIC detection
- Self-diagnostics with maintenance alerts and onboard troubleshooting
- Faster clear down with truncated alarm