Mobile illicit-drug identification device. Quickly identifies illicit narcotics and controlled substances in the field.
Target-ID is the first Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy identification system developed specifically to support narcotics interdiction efforts. Combining the power, speed, and accuracy of FTIR with a library of up to 2,500 narcotics, precursors, cutting agents and common chemicals, Target-ID returns identification results in a matter of seconds without damaging or degrading the sample. Target-ID is also capable of identifying emerging designer drugs and local variants can be added to the expandable user library. In addition, personnel of varying skill levels will find the software interface intuitive and easy to navigate. FTIR has long been a trusted method for the identification of unknown powders, liquids, gels, pastes and solids. Smiths Detection has leveraged a best-in-class infrared spectroscopy platform to develop Target-ID, a product as advanced as it is cost effective. Lightweight and easily transportable, Target-ID provides hours of operation on a single battery charge and also accepts commercially available disposable batteries or line power if needed.
- Rapidly and accurately identifies narcotics, synthetic designer drugs, cutting agents, and common chemicals
- Lightweight and portable for handheld operation
- Pre-loaded library of up to 2,500 substances
- Customizable and expandable user library
- Utilizes proven FTIR technology
- Intuitive user interface, minimal training required