YSI ProDSS Water Quality Meter
Digital Sampling System multiparameter handheld provides extreme flexibility. Meter Only.
Handheld multiparameter instrument with multiple cable options
The YSI ProDSS (digital sampling system) handheld multiparameter meter provides extreme flexibility with two main cable options. Choose between the fully loaded 4-port cable assembly outfitted with any four DSS sensors (with depth or no depth) or the ODO/CT probe and cable - where you get accurate DO measurements every time with an optical dissolved oxygen sensor with an inline conductivity sensor, allowing for real-time salinity compensation.
The YSI ProDSS (digital sampling system) is a portable water quality multiparameter instrument for the measurement of several critical parameters - dissolved oxygen (optical), total algae, turbidity, pH, ORP, conductivity, specific conductance, salinity, TDS, resistivity, TSS, ammonium, ammonia, chloride, nitrate, depth (optional), temperature and GPS coordinates.
Designed for use in applications such as surface water, groundwater, coastal/estuarine, aquaculture, and wastewater, the rugged and reliable ProDSS allows for the measurement of water quality parameters with digital sensors. The ProDSS uses smart sensor technology that allows sensors to be automatically recognized by the handheld while retaining calibration data.
An easy-to-read backlit color display, large memory capacity, simple calibration procedures, rechargeable battery and powerful data management program (KorDSS) all help to make your sampling experience more convenient.
The optional GPS and depth along with a wide range of cables and sensors (sold separately) allows for complete customization of the ProDSS. Military spec connectors, IP-67 waterproof rating, rubber over-molded case and 1-meter drop tests ensures durability to provide years of sampling even in the harshest field conditions.
|Benchtop||Yes, optical BOD probe for the lab is available|
|Buffer Recognition||Yes, auto-buffer recognition for USA (4.00, 7.00, 10.00) and NIST (4.01, 6.86, 9.18) buffer sets. Calibration values are automatically compensated for temperature for both buffer sets.|
|Certifications||UN Part III Section 38.3 test methods for lithium-ion batteries (class 9), RoHS, CE, FCC, IP-67, Assembled in USA, WEEE, 1-meter drop test|
|Connectivity / Communications||Built-in micro USB On-The-Go port for PC connection, recharging/powering the ProDSS and connecting directly to a USB stick|
|Connector||MS (military spec) waterproof with quarter-turn bayonet lock (unsurpassed in regards to durability)|
|Data Management||KorDSS desktop PC software (included), >100,000 data sets|
|Desktop Software Compatible||KorDSS desktop PC software (included)|
|Digital / Digital Sensors||Yes|
|Flow Cell||flow cell is available, Yes|
|GLP Compliance||detailed GLP information is stored and is available to view, download or print, Yes|
|GPS||Optional internal GPS, coordinates are stored with measurement data and site lists|
|Graphic Display||Color, LCD graphic display, backlit keypad|
|Languages||Portuguese, French, German, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Italian, Norwegian, Japanese, Spanish, English|
|Logging Capabilities||Single point or Continuous, Yes|
|Measurement Method / Channels||Digital|
|Memory||400 GLP files, >100,000 data sets|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)|
|Parameters Measured||Dissolved Oxygen (%), Dissolved Oxygen (mg/L), Temperature, Turbidity, Conductivity, Specific Conductance, Resistivity, Salinity, Water Density, pH, ORP, Ammonium, Nitrate, Chloride, Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), Total Suspended Solids (TSS), Depth, Barometer|
|Power||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack providing ~48 hours of battery life (instrument only with backlight off)|
|Security / Password Protection / UserID||Yes|
Instrument: 8.3 cm width x 21.6 cm length x 5.6 cm depth (3.27 in x 8.5 in x 2.21 in)
|Smart Sensors / Ports||can accept any ProDSS sensor, 4 universal sensor ports on each cable, Yes|
|Storage Temperature||0 to 45°C (32 to 113°F) with battery installed0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F) without battery installed|
|Warranty||3-year instrument; 2-year bulkhead, cable assembly, and sensors; 1-year pH and pH/ORP sensor modules, ODO (opticalDO) sensor caps, and Li-Ion battery pack; 6-months ammonium, nitrate, and chloride sensor modules|
|Waterproof||IP-67 (even with the battery cover off), floats|
- Single cable design with lengths up to 100 meters
- User-replaceable cables provide versatility, reduce down time and reduce overall cost of ownership
- 4 port cables feature user-replaceable sensors; universal ports can accept any 4 sensors; optional depth sensor available (with depth and no depth)
- ODO/CT probe and cable assemblies feature integral (built-in) optical DO and conductivity sensors; rugged ODO sensor cap with 2-year warranty is pre-installed on new assemblies; kits with an ODO/CT assembly and a ProDSS handheld are available
- Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery to power handheld and sensors
- Color display and backlit keypad; menu-driven operation
- Digital smart sensors are automatically recognized by the instrument and store calibration data
- Large memory (>100,000 data sets) with extensive site list and Data ID tag capabilities
- KorDSS software (included) and USB on-the-go connector assist with data management
- Global positioning system (GPS) (optional)
- Rugged, waterproof case (IP-67 rated) with rubber over-mold and metal, military-spec (MS) cable connectors as well as rugged titanium sensors
- Multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Korean, and Thai
- 3 year instrument warranty; 2 year cable warranty (sensor warranties vary)